Tovertafel Original (Magic Table) now available for residents
We at Bernash are very proud to be the first and only care home in Bristol to have purchased the Tovertafel Original.
The Tovertafel Original is a fun care innovation that connects older people in the late stage of their dementia journey with each other and with their surroundings, all the while stimulating movement. The beautiful games were developed specifically for the target group and can be played both independently and under supervision.
The Tovertafel is a little box that has been mounted to the ceiling in the dining room. Inside the box is a high-quality projector, infrared sensors, speaker, and processor that work together to project the games onto the table. Because the colourful objects respond to hand and arm movements, residents get to play with the light itself.
Benefits of the Tovertafel Original
· The Tovertafel stimulates physical activity so that residents move more
· Older people can play with the Tovertafel independently
· The Tovertafel lets people on the dementia journey break through apathy
· Everyone can take part at their own level
· Promotes valued interactions with other residents, relatives, informal carers and care staff
· The Tovertafel does not take up any space and is not in the way
· It offers an extensive range of games, each of which has its own goals
For more information on the Tovertafel please visit: https://youtu.be/mm8Vh-XXxzE
Alternatively if you would like to come and see the Tovertafel in action, please contact the Home and the staff would be more than happy to show you.